LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I did it!













 I signed up for my first 10k, the Code Pink 5k/10k in Norcross Ga on May 5th. I've always thought that I have a runner or (at a minimum) a speed walker spirit, I just have to harness it. So instead of talking about it, I'm going to be about it. I chose this one b/c it will give me 3 months to train and the weather won't be so bad. I don't think I'm going to set a time goal, b/c I just want to be able to finish it. My roommate may also do it with me, so that'll be cool. Even though we'll be at two different paces (she's a progressing runner) the support will be good. My ultimate goal is to do the Atlanta Half Marathon in October. So hopefully I can fit in a few races between May and October. The sign up for the half marathon just started and there is a discounted price right now. Roommate convinced me to think about it some more before I actually committed. The thought of doing a half marathon at my current weight makes me feel I can't do it, but I figure in October I should be a little smaller, so it should be doable. OMG, I'm doing a 10k! :)

This week has been pretty good on the working out and eating front. My roommate (she is the best) made 3 meals on Sunday and I made 1. We portioned them out and we have food for all of this week. Bam! From my new favorite food website Skinny Taste I made the Chicken Rollitini with Spinach alla Parmigiana, with wheat penne. That recipe is off the effing chain! Roomy doesn't like ricotta cheese, so I subbed it with cottage cheese but you wouldn't know the difference. Definitely adding it to my food rotation. Going to make the Curry Chicken with Coconut Milk this weekend and can't wait!

Working out, I have done 2 days so far and plan on going tonight.

I hope everyone has been having a good week!!! T.G.I.A.F!!!



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on signing up for your first 10K race. I wish you all the best. You can find great prep info online and schedules that have you running 3 times a week to build you up. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool entering the 10K... I hope to move up to one before may, but we shall see. I hope to complete a 1/2 marathon one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you! I just joined a running group and I am soo not a runner. I will get there one day though!

    ReplyDelete