LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

No bueno!

So I got on the scale yesterday as Tuesday is my weigh day and I was up 4 lbs from my sneak peak of 314.2 on Friday. WTF?? Now I knew I might be up 1 lb, but dayumm! I wanted to pull my hair out! Scale you have failed me! I worked out everyday this weekend and Monday. I ate good on Monday, I drank my water, WTF?? So as I think on what I ate over the weekend: IHOP, Subway sandwich and Chuy's (and literally those were the only 3 meals over the weekend I ate). I think about all the sodium that may have been in all those meals I ate, and honestly I can't even be mad at the scale. I know at Chuy's I probably ate half my weight in chips, salsa and creamy jalapeno. Lesson learned: you can work out til you're blue in the face, but if you eat crazy sodium, the scale will let you know. Ughhh!!

With the scale situation of being up 4 lbs, I realized I could be am an emotional eater. After I got off the scale, I thought fuck it, I'm not making my lunch, I'll pick up Mickey D's on the way to work for breakfast and I'll probably have a chic-fil-a "salad" (translation: on the way down to Chic-fil-a I tell myself I'm going to get a salad, get to the register and my mouth says a "A number #1 with cheese and a coke) for lunch. Way to get over your scale woes ChiChi...ad more weight to it so you can really show it who's boss....Somehow my senses started kicking in and I decided to eat a bowl of cereal, but I'll have that "salad." I was pissed all the way to work and while at work, but right before lunch I told my coworker about my scale issue that morning and she convinced me to stay my course and I did. Went to the caf and got a veggie plate (squash, mashed potatoes and black eye peas). I was happy I won that battle: ChiChi: 1 Emotional Eating: 0.

So far this week has been good, have already gotten in 3 workouts and plan on 3 more. Eating has been good. I cooked Chicken Divan from my favorite website Skinny Taste. I'll post pics tomorrow!

Have a good night blogworld!



4 comments:

  1. Don't give up because the scale can be your enemy (I have been in many fights with mine) and you are so right about the sodium.....another enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much sodium is in restaurant food - even in things that you might not expect! I try to eat out minimally - once every few months, pretty much not at all - so I can control my sodium intake better. Glad to hear you didn't go completely off-plan after seeing the scale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain ChiChi. Imma tell what I told someone else earlier...persistence, not perfection is the key.

    ReplyDelete