If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/2011/11/friend-makin-mondays-dating/www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Online Dating
- Have you ever tried online dating? I think I'm on one right now
- If you’ve done it, what did you like about it? What did you dislike? I liked the fact that people were hitting me up and wanting to get to know me. I love getting the little emails saying that someone was interested. What I didn't like is the whole corresponding over email for long periods of time. If we haven't transitioned to phone calls or set up a meet within 2 weeks. I lose interest with prolonged conversations with people I don't know.
- If you haven’t done it, would you? If you have done it, would you do it again? Why or why not? Yea I would do it again...We spend most of our lives on the internet now a days, why not find my future husband while doing it!
- What precautions would you take before going out with someone that you met online? We would have to talk on the phone first and I would give someone information about the date, so at least someone knows where I am.
- Do you have a favorite dating site? If so, what is it? No not really. I've been on match.com and blackpeoplemeet.com. They definitely both have their pros and cons.
- What questions would you ask before agreeing to a date? I’d ask about their career, hobbies, education, ambitions, their thoughts on kids, etc
- How long would you correspond with someone online before meeting them? If he lived in town, the longest I would do is 2 weeks, unless schedules are just crazy and we can't meet up sooner.
- In your opinion, what are the pros to meeting someone online? You can put your wants and expectations out there and they can take it or leave it.
- In your opinion, what are the cons of online dating? Anybody can be who you want them to be before you actually meet and then you meet and the vibe isn't there.
- Share a funny or embarrassing online dating experience with us if you have one. Hmmm, kind of a long one...I remember I was chatting with someone and he was saying that he wanted to have drinks for our meet up. So in getting to know him he told me he had a roommate and that he had his own living room area, so I'm thinking he lives in a townhouse. Well in talking about meeting up, he said his cousin has his car and he couldn't drive...basically I would have to pick him up (first red flag). Ok so I decide to go pick him up. I get to his place and I was surprised it was a 1-story house, b/c I was thinking townhouse. Anywho I ring the door bell and he comes to the door. I look inside and I see family pictures on the wall. (2nd red flag) Hmmm kind of weird to have family pictures on your wall by the entry when you have a 'roommate.' Well I look past him and I see a lady in the chair. It was his mother. News flash...you can't be roommates with your mother! So then he proceeds to ask me what I like to drink. I tell him Crown and Coke. Well we get in my car and he gives me directions. We end up a liquor store. He goes in and comes back out to the car with a bag. He then gave me directions that took me back to his house. Do you know this fool bought a half liter of coke and small bottle of Crown and we were suppose to drink it at his house???? WTF?? So you already know mentally I had already checked out of the date, but I said let me finish out the night. So we go back to his room and I sit on the couch (the living area he said he had). Keep in mind his mother was still there. Then he said he had a movie that his friend had made while he was in Brazil. I said yea let's watch it...It was a fucking sex video. Are you fucking serious? I told him I didn't want to watch it and I was about to leave. At the door he said, "I don't think I'm going to hear from you again." I just smiled and walked off...You damn right you were never going to hear from me again! Can you believe it! These stories really do happen!