LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

This is the post that never ends...

LOL! I am so going to abbreviate it as much as I can, but I have so much to share! Please feel free to skim through, but I hope you read it all!

Recap: Friday: I met with my new trainer Kimberly and she is totally kick ass. Our session was 30 minutes and she worked the hell out of me. (Insert NSV: I was able to hold a plank for 30 seconds, 3 times! That core is coming baby!) Before we met I had done 30 minutes on the treadmill. Got my 2 miles in! Meals wise I stayed on it. No problems there **happy dance**


Saturday: Day 12 of working out in a row. Totally felt the PT session taking its effects all over my body. I knew I wasn't going to make it to X3 but I still wanted to get my Zumba on, so I did make that. Needless to say, I was almost incapable of keeping up the first 30 minutes. My limbs were sore, but I pushed through. Tonight was one of my girl's birthday dinners so I made sure I prepared myself by lookng at the menu beforehand and this is what I got:
 Almond Encrusted Salmon Steak over Boy Choy with a Curry Sauce! Yum! I was still hungry after that, so a friend and I did order a salad after and split it. Anna Mae, you would have been proud...I said no to the cake! LOL! A good night!

Insert NSV: I was able to rock my banana yellow shoes that I bought last summer but was unable to wear b/c I was afraid I would break my neck!

The other perk of my weight loss: I can wear the hell out of my heels now! Their purpose has grown from looking good sitting at the table to I can walk around in them and not look like my feet hurt! Amen! LOL

                                                                                                         

So here we are Sunday and I have two challenges I am starting today! Hot Damn! One of them is a challenge that I am doing with one of my best friends and the other I am joining that already stared with the nutritionist at the gym I go to.

Challenge #1:  Operation Dominican Republic!

As some of you may know I am going to the Dominican Republic 2 months from today! So my girl Kennesha and I made a pledge to lose 30 lbs by then. I know I know, that is a big number to lose in a short time. I should be more focused on changing the habits that got me to this weight, which is what I am doing and at the same time I hope that I will lose weight with these changes...maybe 30 lbs, lol **insert big cheesey smile** So since the challenge starts today, I jumped on the scale a day early:

6 lb loss since Monday! Woo hoo!!!









I am very realistic and know that 6 lb losses won't come every week, but my goal is to lose 2-4 lbs a week. Even if I don't get to 30 lbs by the trip, I know that I will be making habits that will help me continue my weight loss goals after the trip.


Challenge # 2: The Do it Do it Challenge!

This challenge is done with the nutritionist at X3 and its goal is to develop "awareness, achievement, direction, focus...that will create better habits in your life."  So basically she kind of made a template of things she wants us to complete each week with alloted points for each one. Some of the things are things that she wants us to do every day (drink 80-100 oz of water )while others are a specific amount of times a week (lift weights 3x/week). She wants us to add personal things that we want to add to our lives and allot our own points for it. Develop good healthy habits, that's the challenge.

So today is the day I rest. No day 13 of working out for me.  I will come up with my goals, rewards and things I want to accomplish now that I am owning up to the fact I won't live my life forever overweight. Exciting and scary at the same time but I can do it!


2 comments:

  1. 1st way to go on the Planks...them joints are NOT JOKE!
    2nd that salmon look DEELISH
    and 3rd you betta werk those shoes!

    I like that your goal is aggressive and nothing wrong with setting a DR date. Having something to look forward too motivates you even more and you want to feel your best on vacay.

    -30 lbs here you come :-)
    Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a goal in mind and a time frame. Setting a date to anything is so important because we all know when you don't put a specific time on it, you just get to it when you get to it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete